Let’s Get to It
A down & dirty post for an all-natural massage oil. This super simple DIY massage oil contains:
NO synthetic fragrance
NO artificial color
I call that a win.
What’s in It?
Your favorite carrier oil and some essential oils:
Ginger- adds a little warming sensation. Ginger has also been studied for its effectiveness with Swedish massage for treating chronic low back pain.
Lavender- to enhance relaxation. Lavender is a popular fragrance used in aromatherapy to help create a sense of peace and calm.
Bergamot- to help lift the mood. In a study conducted by Mie University, citrus fragrances like bergamot boosted immunity, induced relaxation and reduced depression [Komori, et al., 1995].
Ylang Ylang- if you’re looking to spark a little romance, Ylang Ylang’s scent has long been considered an aphrodisiac. Ylang Ylang is not recommended for pregnant women or anyone who is under treatment for or who has been advised that they have low blood pressure. If this is of concern for you, jasmine or neroli essential oils would make good substitutes.
- 2 oz. carrier oil of choice (jojoba, almond, apricot, olive, grape seed)
- 3-6 drops ginger essential oil
- 3-6 drops lavender essential oil
- 3-6 drops bergamot essential oil
- 3-6 drops ylang ylang essential oil (optional)
- Combine oils. Store in glass bottle (amber or cobalt blue) away from direct sunlight.